Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Bagpipe Music Software

Re: Bagpipe Music Software 2 years 4 months ago #172

• peterpiper
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
for abc I use ABC Explorer; never had any problems with the sound; has a drone maker too. I've never explored the printing though, except the most basic
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing, they say
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allrrock

Re: Bagpipe Music Software 2 years 4 months ago #173

• ggreig
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Allan,

I didn't download any further program. I just double click on the tune title and it plays - it is all magic really.

George

Re: Bagpipe Music Software 2 years 4 months ago #189

• scotty55
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Allan,

I had the same problem with Wickstrom's software, sent him a note to that effect and never got a response, don't know if he is living or not.

If someone know the answer to the question above I hope they post it as I am looking for the same thing.

Jim

Re: Bagpipe Music Software 2 years 4 months ago #192

• allrrock
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
I've had Celtic Pipes on trial for about three weeks now and although I have not had the time (or expertise) to put it through all its paces it seems to do what I require, although the sound quality is nearly as bad as my practice chanter. Might try something else before I finally buy, but this seems good value.

Also downloaded ABC Explorer and that works fine, so thanks for that (I had never heard of ABC before starting this thread). Will persist with ABC Navigator because I don't like being defeated by my PC!

Allan

Re: Bagpipe Music Software 2 years 4 months ago #201

• Singleton466
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

You might like to try out Electric pipes, a reasonable windows program with a trial period,
www.bakedbean.co.nz/EPDownload.htm

The user is granted an exclusive license to use Electric Pipes 3.1 on ONE computer.
Purchase of one base module plus the two optional modules constitutes a full license which entitles the user to a free license for a second computer in their name.
All prices
US dollars
Base module, include Pipes, Drums, Other samples + Keyboard and Multi-part modules
$49.00
Sample maintenance module (optional)
$19.00
Collection database module. DOES NOT include music. (optional)
$19.00

It was an OK system - had multi part & drum scores

Dave

Re: Bagpipe Music Software 2 years 2 months ago #243

• DrBlow
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Just for information - Piobmaster 3 has just been released. It is Windows Vista/Windows 7 compatible and it has made quite a few improvements to its capability since the last release. Ceolmor Software are the developers www.ceolmor-software.com/ New is quite pricey (£120) but if you have a license for the previous version it's half that. I've tried it and like it although they don't currently have capability for C and F natural built in...apparently it's under consideration for an update.
Time to create page: 0.776 seconds