Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Teaching weekend

Teaching weekend 2 years 9 months ago #256

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Just an opportunity for me to say how enjoyable the teaching weekend in bridge of Allan proved to be and to thank all those involved, especially John, fin and Angus for their patience!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Teaching weekend 2 years 9 months ago #257

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
As a follow up does the society ever organise anything beyond the borders and southwards? are there enough of us with a genuine interest to sustain an event outside of this region either as a society thing or as a privately arranged affair? Answers on a postcard please...

Re: Teaching weekend 2 years 9 months ago #258

• peterpiper
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
LBPS members logged-on to the site have access to the membership directory and it's searchable, so you should be able to identify members who might be interested. You can establish 'connections' [like Facebook friends] with other members and I could, if there were interest enough, make it possible for you to form 'localised' groups within this site ...
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing, they say

Re: Teaching weekend 2 years 9 months ago #259

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
I must confess I'm not really the facebook type if there is such a thing. I am also under the impression, from the lack of response to this thread and the boards in general, that it would take rather a lot of enthusiastic activity to raise sufficient engagement of folk for much to take off down here. Of course I might be totally wrong on that and it could be a question of if you build it they will come. I am new to this society and its activities and can only speculate on the basis of recent experience.

It would be a wonderfull thing though if once or twice a year a teaching weekend of similar style to that recently held could be arranged down this end. It really does freshen up the approach having a little expert guidance and example to follow. Sadly however reasonable the actual weekend price was and it truely was good value. the travel costs and the time off work to travel up left the weekend on a cost par with a week package holiday to Majorca...

Obviously there's not a great deal of piping to be had in Majorca and I know I'm not comparing like with like just doing the math really. I'm not out to knock anyone either the event was great and I'm glad I came. It would be lovely to have that mountain of piping tradition and knowledge on the doorstep but failling that it would be pretty cool to have a bit of it rumble down here every now and again.
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds