Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Blindin'!

Blindin'! 1 year 2 months ago #484

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Just been listening to Gary West's latest Pipeline, the opening track is Jarlath Henderson and Ross Ainsley belting it out proper. I've got to say I don't think I've ever heard the Uillean pipes played as well as they are in this track as it gets going. Amazing stuff. I really enjoy the way he seems to give the tune a modern twist. I'm not quite sure how he manages it really, something in the pace and expression I guess, just genius. Smashing combined playing but I'll be honest its that opening that really send the shivers down my spine. I'll be going for the album after hearing this. If you haven't yet check it out on iplayer

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b02m8tq7/Pipeline_08_06_2013/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blindin'! 1 year 2 months ago #487

• allrrock
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Afraid I missed them and it's no longer available on iplayer, but the pair of them played an excellent (different) selection on Travelling Folk this evening.

Blindin'! 1 year 2 months ago #489

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
It's a real shame that more programmes on the iplayer don't get publicly archived. Thanks for the tip on that other show it's great to hear this stuff getting an airing.

Blindin'! 1 year 2 months ago #494

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Three really nice pipe tunes in this episode. The show starts with Fred doing his thing then has Ross playing at 18 mins and 1h 26 mins in. You can keep the bloody climate but otherwise I do envy you Scots :side: !
Time to create page: 0.379 seconds