Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Skype me

Skype me 10 months 2 days ago #520

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm 400 miles south of where I want to be and a few million short of a Caribbean retreat. In the mean time I'm thinking of Skype as a way to get lessons to keep my border piping moving on. Who has tried it? What kit do you need and who is doing "advanced" lessons on border pipe in Scottish/contemporary style piping? Particular influences on my piping style are Gary West, Terry Tully and Gordon Duncan although it must be stressed that influence sadly does not equate to similarity! None of them are known for playing the BP either strangely enough.

Of known BP players I have more recently started to be won over by the fluidity of Fred Morrison's playing, particularly on the Outlands cd. I had often found his playing a little too bling for my taste but have started to appreciate the incredible virtuosity shown when the playing is for keeps, there is a joy in his expression that is outrageous in its movement. Ross Ainsley blows me away when he is letting go and I love the stuff he does with Jarlath (I am and always will be a very frustrated Uilleann piper). Of course Finn, Angus and Finlay all feature on the wish I could do that list along with Allan McDonald and Angus Nicholson. Well by now you should see quite clearly my interest and influence, albeit a sadly distant one.

I appreciate that anything I write here can often seem more of a blog than a posting but there is rarely any action on these boards so I just end up waffling on in a one way conversation. This is probably what will occur with my next suggestion but I'll try it anyway. Does the tech exist and is there any interest in a virtual play along? Can we do a border pipe session over the web?

Anyone tried this? ejamming.com/
Last Edit: 10 months 2 days ago by Tunni.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds