HomeForumShopResourcesEvents

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello all from central Virginia!

Hello all from central Virginia! 3 years 2 months ago #68

Let me introduce myself. My name is Stephen S. Mack, and I live in central Virginia, in the 'suburbs' of a very small town named Dillwyn. I am a retired school teacher, living with my wife, Glory, and an assortment of rescue animals in an old frame farmhouse on 6+ acres of woods.

I've been playing Highland pipes and Walsh shuttle pipes for twenty years. I took a break from them for a while, but I have started back up again, because I miss playing them, and the pipes seem to be my instrument: I do best on both kinds of pipes; I've tried fiddle, flute, whistle and guitar (still playing flute, whistle and guitar, can't seem to leave well enough alone.)

I got started on pipes while we lived in the Chicago area, and I was in three pipe bands before moving to Virginia upon my retirement. I had always wanted to play the pipes, and I started playing at age 49, after I found a teacher who would take me seriously, as a student. I am a pretty good street band piper, and I have a wonderful time playing them in the woods. I used to have to be very creative finding a practice venue up north.

I have played shuttle pipes in a local session in Charlottesville, but it died after the most-talented players decided they wanted to go professional. But I'm goging to keep on playing for my own amusement (sometimes I'm the only person amused!:lol: ) and maybe I'll find another session.

I look forward to meeting you if only through the forum.

With best wishes to all.

Stephen
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds