Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Bagpipe Music Software

Re: Bagpipe Music Software 2 years 9 months ago #245

• Sanderson1361
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have been using Celticpipes for some time with no problem. I used to use Piobmaster, used it for years, loved it in fact, but had such problems under Vista and got so fed up waiting for the new Piobmaster that I reluctantly switched. Celticpipes is a good programme and good value too, imho. It also imports Piobmaster files, which was the main reason I went for it as I am not a BMW/BWW user.

The new Piobmaster is expensive, but it's functionality looks exceptional. I am not yet sure if I will give it a shot, but it is tempting as it has Kinnear smallpipes samples as it's playback sound in keys of Bb, A, C and D. Unfortunately I seem to have "lost" my 1000 plus piobmaster back up files while switching to a new PC.

For those of you using Bagpipe Player, there's a long story behind it. It's summed up well here.
www.scottleslie.net/highlands/pipe/cntrvrsy.html
The upshot is that there is unlikely to be any upgrades with Bagpipe Player, but if you have a licensed version of Bagpipe Music Writer and contact Robert MacNeil an upgrade is available that allows BMW to function with Vista/Windows 7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds