Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion
  • Page:

TOPIC: G Gracenote on F from E

Re: G Gracenote on F from E 2 years 9 months ago #229

• Kasie
  • Fresh Boarder
THANK YOU TUNNI, that was a great explanation. I'll practice it like that from now on. I found that if I do it fast enough, it does sound just as clean as it sounds when I lift both fingers for the g grace note.

HELLO AGAIN GEORGE, you're right, on page 29 I found the quote you mentioned, and there doesn't seem to be an exception to the rule. I was really convinced there was, because I believe I heard in a YouTube video that when we play E to G gracenote on F, we lift both fingers. I can't find where I heard that in the video to be sure. I've begun practicing it lifting only the one finger, and have gotten it to sound better than it used to. Your advice is very helpful!

=Kasie=
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: G Gracenote on F from E 2 years 9 months ago #231

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Kasie your youtube video might be a confusion around an high A grace note. This little beauty from E to F would involve sounding E, lifting the E F and G fingers all together before returning to the F by covering the G and F holes simultaneously (thanks for the spelling lesson George ;-)

Re: G Gracenote on F from E 2 years 6 months ago #262

• allrrock
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
The problem with this sort of debate is that if I start thinking about what I am doing it all goes pear-shaped! :sick:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.381 seconds