General Discussion
  • Page:

TOPIC: An Ribheid Chiuil/Reed Music

Re: An Ribheid Chiuil/Reed Music 2 years 5 months ago #239

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Well an interesting taster but a bit short of content IMO

Wouldn't you just love to be a Uilleann pipe maker though? Talk about a job for life. I've had to wait a couple of times for my pipes to be made and hated every minute of it. Particularly the first time, in a distant youth, when a girlfriend's credit card provided the funds and I had to busk to pay her back, the months between the order and the arival were tight as any I've known.

I can't imagine having to wait 10 years for a full set of pipes though it must be awful. I've seen the Pakistani Uilleann pipes knocked out by the dozen here and there and under the circumstances I'd give them a go if I was looking to pick some up. You can often get something out of them if you have the right support around are interested enough and prepared to rework the odd bit.

If the Pakistanis can do it I can't believe there isn't an Irish McCallums ready to jump into the market and knock something out but I suppose European development grants are a bit thin on the ground these days. All together a pretty incredible situation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds