HomeForumShopResourcesEvents

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Water manometer for Smallpipe Pressure measurement

Water manometer for Smallpipe Pressure measurement 2 years 7 months ago #285

Good morning.

In the LBPS "The Wind in the Bellows" handbook, reference is made to using a water manometer to measure pressure and steadiness/fluctuation in pressure for bellows propelled pipes. I love the idea as a learning/teaching aide, but am completely unsure how/where to insert this device (yes, with trepidation I suppose I am asking the "where to stick it question"). Does one remove the chanter to insert the gauge? Remove a drone? Connect somehow between bellows and bag? Would really appreciate help with this! Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Water manometer for Smallpipe Pressure measurement 2 years 7 months ago #287

• ggreig
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi there,

At the recent teaching weekend in Bridge of Allan, Fin Moore brought along a pressure meter (yes, it cam from the US originally, reading in inches of water gauge) which worked exactly as the manometer. We all tried it and very helpful it was too. The way it was connected was to take off the top section of a drone and replace it with the plastic tubing which connected to the meter (or in your case, the manometer). The point about it was that we were to play normally, with chanter and two drones, and watch how steady the pressure was or wasn't. Fin's was and mine wasn't.

George
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richendrfer1233

Re: Water manometer for Smallpipe Pressure measurement 2 years 7 months ago #289

This was extremely helpful and just the info I was seeking. Thanks for taking the time to share the information. Best regards.

Re: Water manometer for Smallpipe Pressure measurement 2 years 7 months ago #290

• Nate banton
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I made that Manometer for Fin. ;)

You can use a gauge like I did instead of the complicated and messy water tube style. I got mine here: mcmaster.com under "Low Pressure Gauges". You'll want one that is 0-30 inches of water. I'm sure there is a similar industrial supply company in your neck of the woods.

Nate
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds