Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Midland Border pipers

Re: Midland Border pipers 2 years 1 week ago #323

• DrBlow
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've been offline for a while - sorry for not replying sooner. I am based near Chester (in Wales) so not strictly in the Midlands - but I can get down to most parts fairly easily by train. Count me in.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Midland Border pipers 2 years 1 week ago #324

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi thanks for the response DrBlow

In terms of something formal like a teaching event I have approached a couple of folk who are suitably connected to get something like this off the ground and I'm waiting on their reply. I'm keen to get something going down here abouts and if I can attract suitable tutors' interest at a reasonable rate I'll probably take the leap of faith and go all out to make it happen.

Regarding something more informal I will start approaching possible venues if it begins to look like the interest is starting to generate on this thread. There are a couple of Bagsoc sessions in the wider region, although they do sound a little French, there might be a symbiosis if it was tried. With a broader picture in mind I'm going to see about getting along to one or two and seeing what happens.

Re: Midland Border pipers 1 year 11 months ago #332

Hi, I'm very new to border pipes and not exactly Midlands based (London, in fact).

But...I am anxious to find anyone with a bit of experience who can give me some tips on bellows use and generally get a bit of encouragement. I also have links in the East Midlands and am willing to travel.

Count me in!

Re: Midland Border pipers 1 year 11 months ago #333

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Jami

Nice one! At this rate there will be enough of us sometime the year before I retire but we can but hope. Early attempts to attract the interest of a suitable instructor or two have bombed but I will try what I can again.

Re: Midland Border pipers 1 year 11 months ago #334

• MichaelM
  • Fresh Boarder
Well - in the longer term I am certainly interested. That is to say I've just ordered a set of border pipes and should get them in the New Year. I live near Nottingham and would be very glad to join some like minded people in the Midlands somewhere. Mind you I currently do a lot of driving so am only available at weekends at the moment.
Cheers.

Re: Midland Border pipers 1 year 11 months ago #335

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Michael

I hated the wait for my pipes but boy was I chuffed when they finally came. I hope you have as much fun getting to grips with them as I am. Thanks for registering an interest on the thread, I will use names and contacts from it to get in touch when there are some concrete plans afoot.

With regards to a midlands teaching event plans are moving on, with respect to a regular pipers' session as yet I'm not registering enough interest for a dedicated event but I am starting to think about a hook up with other folkies I know in the area. I'm going to let things bubble and stew on this thread for a while and see what sort of numbers finally start to appear before plumping for one course of action or another in this matter.
Time to create page: 2.064 seconds