HomeForumShopResourcesEvents

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 2 years 11 months ago #143

• Phil
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I am playing bagpipes and looking for a small pipe with bellows as I found this instrument very comfortable to play inside and love its sound.
I got an old Hutcheon bagpipe with a chanter from the same maker which tunes around 440 hz, and on my way to study piobaireachd.
I am living in France and lucky to meet with a Scottish professional musician who lives there and helps me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hello 2 years 9 months ago #223

• Phil
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeeaaa! Since yesterday I have purchased a brand-new conditioned second-hand small pipe with bellows by Hamish Moore!
So here we are!
We have tried it with my teacher who's got the same instrument by HM, and the sound is just fabulous!

But as it seems very easy when you see a professional musician playing it this is not the reality...:P time and training will make the rest.

Hello 8 months 2 weeks ago #586

• almaclean
  • Fresh Boarder
I know that there is a guy who plays GHB called Franch goebbels or something similar who has Border pipes, he lives near Paris and I think he gives lessons. I don't know if he speaks english though.

Hello 7 months 2 days ago #600

• JimRI
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello. I'm from New England. Played GHB since about 1997 - fortunate to have a piper who moved here from Glasgow as my teacher. I'm not the most serious piper - not in a band and do not compete - but used them mostly to enjoy myself and perform for public safety and veterans memorials and parades and performances in church. Due to Asthma, I had to give up the GHB and will be using Hughes SSP being delivered next Tuesday. Therefore, I'm on a steep learning curve and feel this organization will be a great help to educate me on SSP playing and culture and be a fun means of communicating with fellow pipers. I have a comfort level with "lowland" customs as my Scot ancestry is of the borderland Douglas family and my wife's is Walker from Wigton.
Time to create page: 1.369 seconds